Welcome to the Pipeline Recruitment Website available via: (our “Website”).
- The Website is owned and operated by Pipeline Talent Pty Ltd (ABN 62 612 651 644) (“Pipeline Recruitment”, “we” or “us”). The Website is an online job board which enables employers to advertise employment opportunities (over the value of $80,000) targeted towards Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander (“Indigenous”) job seekers.
- The following terms and conditions, including its schedules (the “Terms”) apply to job listings (“Job Ads”) submitted by prospective employers (“Advertisers”) to Pipeline Recruitment and that are made available on the Website to job seekers (“Candidates”) and to the public.
- In these Terms, Advertisers and Candidates are collectively referred to as “you”, “your” or “User”.
- Please ensure that you read these Terms carefully before using the Website. If you do not agree to abide by these Terms, do not proceed with using the Website.
- If you have any questions, feel free to contact Rachelle Towart on 0431 772 377 or email [email protected].
Definition of words
- In these Terms, certain words start with capital letters. Unless the context provides otherwise, those words have the meaning given to them in the body of these Terms.
Acceptance of these Terms
- By accessing or using, or requesting access or use of, the Website, you indicate your acceptance to be bound by these Terms and agree that you have had sufficient opportunity to read and understand them.
Pipeline Recruitment’s operation of the Website
- Your use of the Website is at your own risk. Pipeline Recruitment accepts no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions on the Website, including in the content of Job Ads and Advertisers must check their Job Ads for errors.
- Pipeline Recruitment does not vet, review or select Candidates who apply for or respond to Job Ads on the Website, and Pipeline Recruitment is not responsible for doing so.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, including the Australian Consumer Law (“ACL”), Pipeline Recruitment makes no warranties or representations in relation to the Website regarding quality, accuracy, completeness, currency, relevance or suitability for any particular purpose of the Website, that access to the Website will not be interrupted or error-free or free from viruses, or that the Website will be secure.
- Pipeline Recruitment in no way warrants or represents that the content of Job Ads on the Website is suitable for any particular purpose or person, or that the Advertiser has any particular qualifications, or is legally entitled to carry on the business that they are purporting to advertise in the Job Ads made available on the Website.
- Pipeline Recruitment in no way warrants or represents that it has any affiliation, association and/or is a supporter or otherwise of the Advertisers, their business and/or the Job Ad that they are purporting to advertise.
- Pipeline Recruitment does not act as an agent for the Advertiser and/or their business.
- Pipeline Recruitment reserves the right to withdraw without notice to the Advertiser any Job Ad that may in Pipeline Recruitment’s view be in breach of any of these Terms, or any law or regulation, or if Pipeline Recruitment receives complaints in relation to the Advertiser’s use of the Website, or for any other reason whatsoever.
- Pipeline Recruitment reserves the right to, in its absolute discretion, reject or remove any Job Ad from the Website for any reason.
Liability and indemnity
- Pipeline Recruitment is not responsible for the Job Ads or the contents of Job Ads, or for the subsequent arrangements that take place as a result of the placement of Job Ads. It is for Candidate(s) and the Advertiser to determine whether they wish to pursue the opportunity and the terms of that opportunity.
- Pipeline Recruitment (including their personnel, contractors or agents) will never be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages whatsoever, whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise arising from the provision or use of the Website.
- By using the Website, you agree to indemnify Pipeline Recruitment and its officers, employees and agents against all claims, demands, damages, costs, penalties and liabilities incurred in connection with:
- Your use of the Website;
- Your breach of these Terms;
- Your violation of the rights of any third-party in connection with your access or use of the Website.
Intellectual Property Rights
- “Intellectual Property Rights”means all intellectual property rights of whatever nature throughout the world including all rights conferred under statute, common law or equity, whether existing now or at any time in the future, including rights in all copyright, patents, trade marks, business names, trade names, domain names, designs, confidential information, trade secrets and know-how.
- “Moral Rights” has the meaning given to it by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
- Title to and ownership of all rights (including all Intellectual Property Rights) in the Website, and in any of the goods and services provided to you by Pipeline Recruitment is owned by us and/or our licensors.
- We grant to you the non-exclusive, limited, terminable, personal, non-transferable and un-sub-licensable right to access and use the Website in accordance with these Terms. All rights not expressly granted to you under these Terms are reserved by Pipeline Recruitment.
- We may permit you from time to time to submit, upload, publish or otherwise make available to Pipeline Recruitment through the Website textual, audio and/or visual content and information, including commentary and feedback related to services provided to you by Pipeline Recruitment. Any such content remains your property. However by posting or adding any content onto the Website, you grant us a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide and transferable right and licence to use that content in any way (including, without limitation, by reproducing, changing, and communicating the content to the public) and permit us to authorise any other person to do the same thing.
Third Party Material
- The Website may make available content, data, information, applications, services, websites, statements, representations and materials from third parties (“Third Party Material”). We do not make any representation about, nor do we evaluate or examine Third Party Material, whether for usefulness for purpose, accuracy, completeness, legal compliance, privacy obligations, availability or otherwise. You use and access Third Party Material entirely at your own risk. We may remove, suspend access to, change or otherwise deal with Third Party Material at any time, for any period and to any extent, without notice to you and without any liability or obligation to you. (The owners or controllers of Third Party Material may do the same).
- If you see any content that you believe may be offensive, defamatory, in breach of any law or regulation, or which otherwise may infringe any third party rights, let us know at [email protected].
Indigenous Cultural and Intellectual Property Rights
- “Indigenous Cultural and Intellectual Property” or “ICIP” includes but is not limited to, the cultural heritage, traditional knowledge or traditional cultural expressions belonging to Indigenous Australian peoples, being Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- You agree that the ownership of ICIP will remain at all times with the traditional owners or custodians of that ICIP.
- In your use of the Website and dealings with Pipeline Recruitment, you agree to respect cultural protocols of Indigenous people and respect the ICIP rights of the traditional owners or custodians of that ICIP.
Advertiser’s access/use of the Website and placing Job Ads
- In order to use the Website to post Job Ads, Advertisers are required to register with us via a login username and password. Advertisers ensure that any registration information provided to us is accurate, correct and up to date.
- Pipeline Recruitment reviews all Job Ads prior to publication. Job Ads will be approved, providing it complies with these Terms.
- Advertisers agree that it:
- Will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful;
- Will not use or attempt to use, or post to the Website abusive, obscene, vulgar, offensive, defamatory, hateful, threatening, discriminatory, misleading or deceptive, infringes any intellectual property right of another party;
- Will comply with the requirements and guidelines in relation to placing Job Ads set out in the Schedule (the “Requirements”). Please note that the omission of details required by the Requirements and these Terms will result in slowing the approval process, and may result in your Job Ad being rejected or withdrawn.
- By submitting a Job Ad for upload to the Website, Advertisers are agreeing that the information is non-confidential for all purposes. Advertisers are granting permission to the public to use, copy, distribute and display their ads.
- By submitting the Job Ads, Advertisers grant Pipeline Recruitment a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, licence to use, alter, reproduce, communicate to the public the Job Ads for Pipeline Recruitment’s own purposes (commercial or otherwise).
- Advertisers warrant that the Job Ads submitted to the Website will not infringe any third party’s Intellectual Property Rights.
- Advertisers warrant that the Job Ads (and the use of the Job Ads by Pipeline Recruitment or the public) will not infringe the Moral Rights of any person.
- To the extent permitted by the law and for the benefit of Pipeline Recruitment, Advertisers must give or ensure that each individual person who contributed to the Job Ads gives genuine written consent in writing to the use by Pipeline Talent and the public of the Job Ads, even if such use would be an infringement of the Moral Rights of the consenting individual.
Advertiser Payments and Refunds
- All amounts owing to Pipeline Recruitment by Advertisers must be paid within 14 days of the date of the invoice. Pipeline Recruitment may charge Advertisers interest on late payment at its applicable bank interest rate and reserves the right to recoup any collection costs incurred from the Advertiser.
- Pipeline Recruitment reserves the right to disable an Advertiser’s account with Pipeline Recruitment without notice and refuse to supply further services to an Advertiser’s organisation if Pipeline’s invoice is not paid within the above required trading terms.
- Advertisers are obliged to pay for the services that Pipeline Recruitment agrees to provide you with regardless of whether you utilise or fully utilise those services. If an Advertiser does not provide Pipeline Recruitment with the necessary materials or information for Pipeline Recruitment to deliver these services, the Advertiser is still liable to Pipeline Recruitment for full payment.
- Advertisers may request a refund within 7 days of payment. We recommend contacting us for assistance by email at
- In the instance that a Candidate makes a complaint about an Advertiser using the Website, the following procedure may apply (at the sole discretion of Pipeline Recruitment):
- Complaints may be documented by Pipeline Recruitment;
- The Advertiser may be contacted for a response;
- The Advertiser may be informed, where practicable, verbally or in writing if the Job Ad is withdrawn or if access to the Website is refused;
- In cases where the complaint reveals that information provided in the Job Ad is false of misleading, the Job Ad may be withdrawn immediately;
- The implementation of the complaints procedure in this clause does not mean that Pipeline Recruitment is in any way responsible for the Advertiser or the Job Ad. This clause is also subject to the other provisions of these Terms and, if inconsistent, will not apply.
- These Terms continue until terminated by you or Pipeline Recruitment.
- You can only terminate these Terms by ceasing to access the Website.
- Pipeline Recruitment has the right to terminate these Terms immediately if:
- Any material submitted to the Website is in breach of any law or regulation;
- You do not comply with these Terms; or
- For any reason Pipeline Recruitment ceases to operate the Website.
- Upon termination of these Terms, you must immediately cease using the Website.
- These Terms contain the entire agreement between you and Pipeline Talent about its subject matter. Any previous understanding, agreement, representation or warranty relating to that subject matter is replaced by these Terms and has no further effect. Any right that a person may have under these Terms is in addition to, and does not replace or limit, any other right that the person may have.
- Any provision of these Terms which is unenforceable or partly unenforceable is, where possible, to be severed to the extent necessary to make these Terms enforceable, unless this would materially change the intended effect of these Terms.
- You must not assign, sublicense or otherwise deal in any other way with any rights or obligations under these Terms otherwise than as permitted.
- Any of these Terms which contemplates that a party has any rights or obligations after the termination or expiry of these Terms survives its termination or expiry.
- These Terms are governed by the law applicable to Australian Capital Territory, Australia. and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that state.
SCHEDULE – REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDELINES FOR JOB ADS
Advertisers agree to comply with the following requirements for Job Ads:
- Job Ads must comply with Commonwealth and State/Territory law
- Anti-discrimination law prohibits advertisements that indicate an intention to discriminate on unlawful grounds, including:
- Marital status
- Ethnic or ethno-religious background
- Sexual preference
- Transgender status
- Family responsibilities
- Descent or national identity
- Political conviction
Further information regarding anti-discrimination laws can be found on the Australian Human Rights Commission website at www.hreoc.gov.au.
- Advertisers must also ensure that Job Ads comply with all relevant legislation including, but not limited to:
- The Competition and Consumer Act 2010(Cth) including that Job Ads must not mislead persons seeking employment in relation to the availability, nature, terms or conditions of employment or any other matter relating to the employment;
- The Privacy Act 1988(Cth) including the Australian Privacy Principles;
- The Fair Work Act 2009(Cth) and fair trading laws in all applicable states and territories;
- The Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission Act 1986 (Cth);
- All anti-discrimination and equal opportunity legislation applicable in the State or Territory in which you do business.
This include Advertisers complying with the applicable legal requirements in relation to special measures and targeted recruitment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people where relevant.
- Pay rates
- Pay rates must comply with current legislation and application industrial instruments (such as Modern Award). Information about employing staff and rates of pay can be found as follows:
- Fair Work Australia at gov.au
- Fair Work Ombudsman – essential information for all employers at gov.au
- Fair Work Online – includes information about pay scales and conditions gov.au
- Fair Work Information Line on 1300 799 675
Information to be provided on Job Ads
- Job Ads must contain the following information:
- The name of the individual or organisation advertising the job vacancy
- The full name and contact details (email, telephone, mobile) of a contact person
- The street address and telephone number of the individual, organisation or a contact person
- The individual or organisation’s website, if available
- A brief description about the organisation and industry
- The individual or organisation’s Australian Business Number (ABN), where one exists.
- An adequate description of the nature of the work being offered. This should include:
- Job title
- Experience required
- Hours offered
- Rate of pay – a numeric figure or range.
- As set out above, Advertisers must comply with legislation and any applicable industry instrument.
- If a Job Ad is listed as paying the applicable “Award” rate, Pipeline Recruitment will require Advertisers to provide us with the relevant Award code or alternatively, a numeric figure or range.
- Please refer to Fair Work Ombudsman – Award Finder for more information on Awards, including Award codes and correct rates of pay.
- Application closing date
- Any costs to Candidates e.g. required training for the position, or the requirement for Candidates to have, or to obtain, an ABN must be clearly outlined in the Job Ad.
- Special conditions for recruitment agencies
- Third party recruiters must provide the name of the client organisation to Pipeline Recruitment.
- Pipeline Recruitment will not disclose the name of the individual client or client organisation unless required to do so by law or if requested by the third party recruiter.
- Only genuine job vacancies are to be submitted.
- Each Job Ad should be for a specific and genuine position and not for general expressions of interest.
- Pipeline Recruitment will not accept Job Ads for the following:
- Voluntary work, unpaid internships or work experience;
- Commission-only jobs;
- Work involving any unpaid training/trial periods, or reduced pay for such periods, except where a Federal or State Award makes allowances for such arrangements;
- Work involving any illegal activity;
- Work which requires a potential job applicant to purchase a product or service, or to offer a security deposit or similar payment as a condition of employment
- Opportunities which are not genuine employment opportunities;
- A role in a tobacco company;
- Placements which require potential applicants to pay for the placement, whether the work is paid or voluntary;
- Work where the advertisement is unclear about the rate of pay, or states a rate of pay which is below the national minimum wage;
- Any work where remuneration is not provided to employees for using their own facilities and resources (phones, internet, vehicles, etc.); or
- Positions lodged by a registered business offering “cash” or “cash in hand”.